QUOTE RESPONSE INSTRUCTIONS

~Welcome to the CMP 272 Winter 2009 Quotes Blog~
*Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include interesting information about the quote author that is relevent to your response.
*Complete drafts for in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:
*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay to the blog AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing process.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.
*When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Who has the time?

Who Has the Time?



Time is something we all have at our dispense, everyone uses it, some people take advantage of it, but most people complain that they don’t have enough of it. I seem to always be at a loss for time and grumble that there are never enough hours in the day to get as much done as I would like. However, I recently came across a quote from Jackson Brown that reads:




“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”




The first time I saw it I thought it to be a fascinating thought, but then I thought about it longer and realized I had a problem with it. It bothers me because, I complain about lack of time because I have to take care of my three small children, two dogs, my husband, our home, my school, and every little detail that comes along our day to day life. I try every day to make sure bills are paid, the family is fed, keep the house clean, and manage homework.

Maybe I am unsympathetic but the only thing I think of when Michaelangelo comes up is a couple of famous paintings. And I think to myself my kids paint all the time so what’s the big deal! The same can be said for Leonardo da Vinci. Helen Keller on the other hand learned to read and write and communicate although she was both deaf and blind. Well guess what, I have three children one of which is six and learning to read and two younger children that are both trying to put words together.


I won’t go on and attack Mother Theresa or one of our founding fathers because I have probably offended you enough. I do believe that all of the people mentioned by Mr. Brown in this quote were extraordinary, I just don’t agree with the circumstance he put them in. It might be because Jackson Brown is the author of several self help books, which instruct us how to best survive life.

4 comments:

  1. This quote totally fits your life Keysa and everyone elses. If there was just a little more time in the day think about all the trouble that I could cause. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always wondering how I am going to get things done and this quote makes me think just a little bit harder that I'm not the only one that has problems! Good choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey TIME AFTER TIME "CL" lol listen to that ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good quote, it reminds me of the quote, "Good People Don't Have Time, They Make It."

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.